We teach photography online. For free, mostly, but we also offer paid courses and ebooks too. This is where we make our money.
Founded in 2011 by Joshua Dunlop, our commitment to producing consistently high-quality articles and premium training have helped us to reach over 100,000 customers in 163 countries, with over 1.5 million monthly visitors.
And we’re proud to say that we’re now the most read photography education site in the world.
We’re in the process of growing a dream team of A-Players who can own their roles, and provide huge value to the company, themselves, and the people we serve.
Not an editor? Check out the other roles we’re filling here.
Our Editorial Team
Our editorial team focuses on three objectives:
- Publishing new photography products, including eBooks, project books, and cheat sheets
- Publishing and updating SEO optimised blog content
- Scaling product reviews of cameras, lens, software, courses, and more
The team currently consists of:
- Four editors
- Five in-house and external writers
- A Junior SEO and an SEO expert
- External authors writing ebooks
Your Role and Responsibilities
You will join our current editors to achieve the following goals:
- One new ebook published every four weeks
- 12 articles a week published or optimised
That will require you to:
- Edit the spelling, punctuation, and grammar of all written text
- Do quality control for the article content and ebooks
- Provide feedback to our writers about improvements they can make
- Manage external writers
- Plagiarism and readability checks
- Use our house style guide to make sure the editing and tone is consistent across all articles
- Oversee the overall quality of the published content, including images, text, and advice
Our processes are very well documented, and we have a lot of internal training to help you get up to speed on how we operate.
Experience and Requirements
We’re currently spending a lot of our time fixing articles that should have been written to a higher standard in the first place.
It’s very important that high standards are maintained from the start, and potential problems are highlighted and fixed before they become big problems.
For this, it’s essential that you have very high attention to detail and even higher quality standards.
- You must be fluent in English with flawless knowledge of grammar
- Experience in editing text in a professional setting (3+ years)
- Affinity to managerial tasks (you’ll be working with our external product creators)
- Knowledge of photography is preferred
- Experience with online marketing (specifically content marketing/blogging) is preferred
We are looking for someone who is based in the CET time zone (+/- 4 hours).
Our Core Values
Our Core Values drive our team culture, processes, and output. These values set the tone for customer expectations in us and set team expectations for each other. These values enable us to have a highly productive, creative, and cohesive team of winning A-Players.
Core values are not what team members are expected to bring to work, but rather how they’re expected to approach their lives. You can’t fake a core value, and because they’re so important to us, we’ve only included the ones that we feel are truly essential to the success of the team’s goals.
Play to Win
Life and business is a game and we’re playing to win. We take massive action and operate with a lean, fast, and flexible team. We achieve seemingly-impossible goals by starting with the end in mind, choosing an opponent to beat, and setting milestones to reach along the way.
We take pride and celebrate both our successes and our failures because we are not afraid of losing. Failure is part of the process of success. People who avoid failure also avoid success.
Deliver Massive Value
You can’t expect to win until you first deserve it. We have become the go-to resource for photographers by providing a level of education and service that is unparalleled by our competition. And we continually strive to outdo ourselves in any way we can.
Creative Problem Solvers
Happiness comes from solving problems. True happiness occurs only when you find the problems you enjoy having and enjoy solving. As a team of highly intelligent A-Players, we work together to solve interesting problems and communicate in a way that’s clear for everyone in our international team to understand.
Take Ownership of Goals
As you take ownership and move towards your goals, you will encounter problems. Some of those problems will bring you up against your own weaknesses. If you want to reach your goals, you must be calm and analytical so that you can accurately diagnose your problems, design a plan that will get you around them, and do what’s necessary to push through to results.
To evolve quickly, you will have to do this fast and continuously, setting your goals successively higher.
You are not in this alone. Ask team members for help in achieving your goals, and be open to them when they ask for your help. Make time and space for each other. Document your work internally so that every member of the team can easily find and understand it.
Your income will rarely exceed your level of personal development. Take it upon yourself to constantly be learning. Whether that’s something that will help you to perform better at work, build better relationships, be more healthy, more spiritual, whatever it is… make sure you never stop learning. And read as much as you can get your hands on.
This is an opportunity to join a high-achieving team in a rapidly growing online photography business. You’ll work on clearly defined quarterly goals and get the help and assistance you need to improve professionally.
Starting salary: 1000-2300 USD/month (based on experience in the first three months with value-based raises from then on).
We run on a meritocracy: the more value you provide, the more we will be able to reward you. There is no top limit to what you can earn over time.
On top of a competitive and negotiable salary, we also offer:
- A long-term career opportunity as part of a team of highly talented people (we’d like someone to join us full-time)
- Access to any training/development program you feel would help you with your life or career
- Support in reaching personal goals
- Unlimited vacation time
- Monthly book clubs with the team
- Monthly social events (optional)
- 100% flexible work-from-home and remote time
- And plenty of opportunities to improve your own photography (you can borrow whatever gear you’d like)
Here’s what other team members said about us:
“During my time at ExpertPhotography, my career advanced immensely, and I learned a LOT. I got access to world-class training materials both for professional and personal development.
“Everyone in the team was highly skilled, inspiring, and always ready to help and collaborate. I had autonomy in my role, and space for experimentation and mistakes!
“If you are looking for a workplace where the value you provide is truly appreciated… and you get just as much back as you put in… I encourage you to apply to ExpertPhotography.”
As you’ve probably noticed by now, this is not like the average career listing… because we’re not looking for an average person.
We’ve done our best to both attract the best person for the role, and repel anyone who is not right for it (like any good marketing message should).
The ball is now in your court.
Below, you’ll find a form that’s been specifically designed for this role and fill it in.
We will shortly follow up with a series of responses including a first review, testing, a phone interview, and an in-person (Zoom) interview.
One final message before we finish: If you don’t have a strong interest in learning and personal development, you will, unfortunately, find that you’ll be left behind by the growth of the rest of the team. We ask that you please do not apply for this role.