Have you ever captured a landscape that looked stunning in person, but flat and boring in your photographs?
It’s disappointing when it happens once… heartbreaking when it happens over and over again.
I used to return from once-in-a-lifetime trips feeling disappointed and embarrassed. My photos didn’t capture the beauty I witnessed.
They were poorly exposed… I struggled to find great locations… and my composition was uninspiring. I knew I could do better.
That was my experience before I mastered landscape photography. I didn’t know how to close the gap between my vision and my photographs.
But what if I told you that there’s a fun and easy way to master landscape photography?
And that all you need is a simple process (outlined on this page) to consistently get great results?
Landscapes so stunning, your friends will beg you for prints to hang on their walls….
Pictures like this…
Do You Struggle to Capture a Landscape’s Full Beauty?
Even if you find an amazing location, and arrive at the right time… you still have to work out your settings, and find the best spot to shoot from.
On the surface landscape photography looks easy. But anyone who’s tried it knows it’s not as simple as finding a stunning location.
In fact, great photographers often take stunning images in the most average locations.
Because they know:
- What to do in different weather and lighting conditions
- Composition techniques they can use in any scene
- Exactly how to set their cameras up for the best shots
You don’t have to be a professional to get great results. Far from it.
All you have to do is follow a simple five-step process…
Follow These 5 Simple Steps to Capture Great Landscapes
When I developed this simple, yet effective, five-step process… I was able to reliably capture all the images you see on this page…
Step 1 – Location Scouting
I used to leave location scouting up to chance. But by the time I’d found the exact spot I wanted to shoot from, the light and weather had changed, and the moment had passed.
When you master location scouting, you’ll never arrive at a location and think… “dang, wish I was over there instead.”
Step 2 – Weather
You can’t control mother nature. But you can plan your shoots around her, and get great photos regardless of the weather conditions.
Many photographers shy away from adverse weather, but this produces some of the most dramatic scenes. And when you seek this out, your landscape photography will transform.
Step 3 – Time of Day
Take a look at the two photos below. They were shot from the same location and have the exact same processing applied.
This photo was captured at 9:15am, but we were too late… the ideal conditions had passed.
This was captured at 7:30 , as the sun was creeping over the mountains in the distance.
Whether you’re an early bird or a night owl, there’s an opportunity to shoot great landscapes everyday.
Step 4 – Composition
It’s difficult to capture stunning landscapes when you only know one or two rules of composition. Beautiful scenes look flat when they’re not framed properly.
But with a ‘toolkit’ of compositional rules to draw from, you can create new and refreshing images every time you shoot.
Step 5 – Settings
I used to get so hung up on technical terms like hyperfocal distance… it actually slowed me down.
It turns out that I captured my best photos when I focused on just two of my camera’s settings.
Print-Worthy Photos From Every Shoot
Before you leave your house, you know the exact location you’re going to shoot from, and what weather to prepare for.
You arrive with plenty of time to setup your camera and frame the scene… the five step process comes naturally to you.
You wait for the right light, and take photos without a second thought.
A moment later, you’ve captured a photo so exciting, you’ll be jumping for joy (something I’m prone to do).
10 minutes later you’re playing with different compositions… Finding fresh and unique perspectives that other photographers haven’t thought of yet.
When you’re done, you have a selection of the most breathtaking… crystal clear… and exciting photographs you’ve ever taken.
Sound far-fetched? That’s what I thought too.
But my simple system has enabled me to take the most stunning photos of my life.
Landscape photography comes naturally to me, and I’m confident I can capture beautiful photos in any location.
After over a decade of developing my landscape photography, it’s finally time to share my process with the world…
Simply Stunning Landscapes
“Simply Stunning Landscapes” is an online video course on the art of landscape photography. It shows you how to capture world-class images, every time you shoot.
Shot in the field (not a classroom) we explore a mix of stunning European locations, and find the beauty in ordinary scenes along the way.
We don’t just show you the right way to take great photographs… but we point out the common pitfalls that most amateur photographers fall into.
Our process guarantees results, and has helped me to capture the images you see across this page.
Pictures like this…
Some of the skills you’re going to gain include:
- The exact process we use 98% of the time – make good shots foolproof!
- How to use Google Maps and Instagram to find great locations
- Why most compositions fall flat… and how to make yours great
- The lazy man’s way to know if your photos are over exposed or under exposed
- How to select the perfect exposure for any and every scene
- How to capture more dramatic photos by chasing bad weather
- Where and how to focus for maximum results
- The do’s and don’ts of white balance and colour
- Why manual focus is king for landscape photography
- How to win friends and influence people with your landscape composition
- And much, much more…
Filmed on location in Slovenia, Austria and Italy with a team of four people, over two weeks, you’ll be able to follow along as we capture stunning landscapes.
Even if you struggled in school… or aren’t the greatest at grasping new skills… you’re going to be shocked by how easy it feels to absorb this information.
Although I’ve taught a landscape photography course before, this is completely new material, revised and refreshed with incredible production value.
Here’s what previous students of my courses have had to say:
“My biggest fear before starting the course was that I’d need more expensive equipment. But as it turned out, this wasn’t true. My favorite part of the training was how Josh explained everything in plain English. He shows you everything you need to know to capture amazing photos.”
“Josh is a wonderful teacher. I have only just started the beginner course, and wow, am I impressed. I am not a pro and don’t aspire to be. I only want to capture scenes I see ranging from landscapes and animals to flowers and people. He teaches it all, and now most of the photographs I take are impressive, whereas it used to be only 1 in 1000.”
“If you would like to learn photography without a load of BS thrown at you, or some self-absorbed “photographer” preaching, buy Josh’s training! Josh has a genuine interest in helping you improve your knowledge and skills. Plus it’s an enjoyable experience.”
Here’s Exactly What You’re Going To Discover in “Simply Stunning Landscapes”
I took countless photos and pestered dozens of professional photographers for their best advice… before I finally worked out how they manage to consistently capture great landscapes.
My 10+ years experience as a photography teacher means I’m able to take a complicated concept… and make it easy-to-grasp.
Tens of thousands of students have taken our courses, and here’s what our latest training has to offer:
Module 1: Gear
Take Professional Photos with Basic Gear
Experienced photographers don’t fuss over gear. Not because they have more of it, but because they know how to use it.
Before you can master exposure and composition, you must first understand how your gear works, including:
- How to use any camera for landscape photography
- A common misconception for focal length that’s holding you back (I defy this daily)
- Which lenses will take the sharpest photos
- How to balance your exposure using graduated filters (no more harsh contrasts)
- Why polarising filters make your colours ‘pop’
- How to steady your camera for super sharp photos
- Three different tripods for every budget and shooting situation
- My toolkit of inexpensive accessories to keep my gear clean and dry
“I’ve already referred this course to my friend and told her she’s using a $1600 camera to take pictures she could capture with an $80 point and shoot. If you want to get your money’s worth from your equipment… buy Josh’s course. It would be cheap at twice the price!”
Module 2: Exposure
Simple Settings for Stunning Landscapes
We keep things as simple as possible and avoid confusing jargon. Instead of using terms like hyperfocal distance… we simply tell you where to focus.
It’s frustrating having to take several pictures to find the correct exposure. And it can be tempting to resort to ‘bracketing’ so that you can fix it later. But this isn’t the answer.
Instead, we cover:
- Why you should prioritise the aperture in (almost) every exposure
- The simplest way to get perfectly sharp landscapes
- Common reasons amateur photographers take soft photos (and how to avoid them)
- How to tastefully capture motion blur of flowing rivers and blowing trees
- An easy way to understand exposure with the exposure triangle
- The only reliable way to tell if your photo is over or underexposed (using a hidden camera feature)
- Common settings every photographer should use (for example, if you’re not already shooting in raw, you’ll be amazed by the difference in image quality)
- The best way to capture accurate colours (or, how to change the colour creatively)
- The two metering modes we use (and the ones we never bother with)
Al Mark Durtschi
“I learned a lot: Power of revisiting. Getting into the scene. The exposure triangle. Histograms. Focus modes…. If you are just starting out in photography Josh will show you what you need to know. Or If you’ve been taking pictures for years (like I have), you may realise that previously you were only ever taking snapshots. Now I’m really moving forward. Thanks Josh! :)”
Module 3: Location Scouting
Find Amazing Locations Close to Home
Not everyone can travel 1000’s of miles to exotic places. Which is why it’s important to know how to find landscapes close to home.
We all know one or two local photographers who have stunning photos of the local area. So what do they do differently?
That’s what we cover in this module:
- How to location scout from home (in 10 minutes or less)
- Common tools (like Google’s reverse image search) for finding where amazing photos were taken
- Exactly when to visit a location you’ve discovered (based on the weather and time of year)
- Why it’s important to revisit locations at different times of the year
- The best way to predict the weather and light for each shoot
- What to do when you discover amazing locations by chance (but the timing is wrong)
- How to pack your bag so you’re prepared for any shooting situation
- My favourite app for planning landscape photography (it makes life a lot easier!)
Module 4: Composition
9 Rules to Transform Your Landscapes
Knowing the technical side of photography is one thing, but composing it beautifully is a whole new challenge.
Even using something as simple as the rule of thirds can add depth, interest, and an interesting balance between the foreground and the background.
In “Simply Stunning Landscapes”, we’ve dedicated an entire section to help you get started with composition. We go into detail on how to…
- Add depth and interest to your photos with the Rule of Thirds
- Direct your viewers’ attention using Leading Lines
- Frame your scene you add context, depth, and scale
- Find striking examples of perfect balance, using Symmetry
- Include Dynamic Tension to encourage your viewer to explore the whole scene
- Prioritise the most important part of your frame using Horizon Placement
- Create pleasing and harmonious, or unfinished and unresolved photos… using Balance and Visual Weight
- Align key features of your frame to stand out with Golden Triangles
- Draw your viewers into the frame by adding Foreground Interest and Depth
Module 5: Techniques
Your New Landscape Skills in Action
Once you’ve mastered the basics of landscape photography, it’s time to start shooting.
By following the simple videos in this module, you’ll soon be able to:
- Capture breathtaking sunrises that leave your friends in awe
- Know exactly how to capture perfect sunsets with bright pink skies
- Use your drone to take your photography to new heights (if you’ll excuse the pun)
- Stitch multiple photos together for a fresh perspective with panoramas
- Choose between wide-angle and telephoto lenses in every shooting scenario
- Capture mesmerising reflections and lakes for unique landscapes
- Use long exposures to capture flowing waterfalls and blowing winds
But Wait… There’s More
Here’s the thing: I want to give you that knot of excitement you feel when you stumble across a jaw-dropping deal. So now that you know what you’re getting with “Simply Stunning Landscape” – I’m going to quadruple the value.
In addition to the definitive video course on landscape photography, you’re also getting two highest-rated bonus courses and one premium cheatsheet. For free.
Limited Time Bonus Added!
The Landscape Photography Checklist
(Value = $147)
The best landscape photographs are taken after planning and preparation. That’s what separates it from most other forms of photography.
And there can be a lot to think about. From packing your gear to planning the shoot around the weather and time of day.
That’s why we’ve worked with our designer to make this simple checklist, to ensure you never miss anything.
Simply print it off at home, and use it to help you capture stunning landscape photographs.
Bonus #1 – Picturesque Panoramas
(Value = $197)
We’re including an unreleased 1hr 20min course (only available here) on panorama photography.
Shot with a co-instructor Casey Kiernan (who you may know from Milky Way Mastery and Effortless Editing with Lightroom), we walk you through the process to capture fresh perspectives with stunning panoramas.
The 19 videos in “Picturesque Panoramas” show you:
- How to capture a panorama with any focal length (it doesn’t have to be wide-angle)
- Tips on how to set up your tripod for the best results
- Which shooting mode to use to ensure the same exposure in every shot
- Why we always use manual focus instead of autofocus
- The best way to stitch your photos together using Lightroom or Photoshop (or even your phone)
- A strange technique to create miniature globes from your panoramas
Bonus #2 – 5 Landscape Case Studies
(Value = $197)
Have you ever seen a stunning photograph and wondered how it was captured?
Photographers rarely reveal the secrets behind their best photos, which is why students have always loved my case studies. They allow you to get into the mind of a photographer, to see how they think, and follow their instincts.
While shooting this course, we selected five different locations to shoot as case studies.
From sunrises and sunsets, to waterfalls and rivers… these five bonus videos show you how I set up my gear, choose my settings, and compose my scenes… from start to finish.
Bonus #3 – Sell Your Art
(Value = $97)
Have you ever wanted to make money from your photography?
In this video bonus, I walk you through the strategies I used to get my photography sold in galleries.
“Sell Your Art” shows you:
- The outreach email I used to get my art featured in galleries (you can use this too)
- How to present your portfolio without overwhelming gallery owners
- Exactly what gallery owners are looking for in photography (and what they don’t want to see)
- How to price your photography
- Alternative places to have your photography featured (don’t just rely on galleries alone)
Landscape Photography Workshops Can Cost Thousands of Dollars
But they usually only last a weekend and cover two or three different locations. Plus there’s no way to view the workshop content again in the future.
A private photography tutor can demand over $100 an hour to teach the same knowledge we cover in this course.
With “Simply Stunning Landscapes”, we solve all of these problems, plus:
- We show you how to shoot in dozens of locations (not just 2 or 3)
- You can learn at your own pace, and on your own schedule (with our succinct videos)
- Each concept is covered in a single video, making it easier to absorb the information
- The course is always available online (and downloadable to your devices) so you can view the content anytime you like
- My teaching style makes it feel as if you have a tutor sitting by your side, helping to correct your mistakes before you even make them
A workshop of this calibre could easily cost $1,499 (and that’s excluding the $491 in bonuses).
But you won’t be paying anything close to that… because we want to make landscape photography accessible to everyone.
If you purchase “Simply Stunning Landscapes” in a couple of months time it’ll be yours for only $297.00!
However, as I’m launching this brand new course, I’m going to reduce the price again.
To only $97… until the countdown at the top of this page expires.
So if you want to take incredible landscape photos, now is the time to take action.
In just two weeks time, you could be taking photos that are so good, people will assume you stole them from National Geographic…
Or you can keep doing what you’re doing now.
The choice is yours.
But There’s A Catch
(Please Read This Carefully)
As you can tell, this is a staggeringly low price. But as I said, there is a catch.
When you get your copy, can you email me your feedback on it? A single sentence would be helpful.
And that’s it. Pretty easy “catch”, right?
I just want to get as much feedback as possible before I open this course to the public in a couple of months’ time.
For that reason, we only plan to offer this deal for the next 500 customers to get the customer feedback we need.
And even at this rock-bottom price, you’re still entitled to…
I stand behind every course I offer. Over 90,000 students in 153 countries swear by my training, and my reputation for delivering top-notch material means everything to me.
But sometimes a course just isn’t a good fit. I understand and don’t take it personally.
Get “Simply Stunning Landscapes” today. Try out the course for a full three months.
If you aren’t blown away by how simple the videos are to follow… or how fantastic your pictures are after using the ideas… simply shoot me an email. You’ll get every penny of your money back.
No hassles and no questions asked.
One Week From Now…
Your portfolio will have some of the most vivid and vibrant landscape photography.
Your loved ones will be amazed by how much you’ve improved. Your confidence will have grown immensely, and you’ll realise just how easily the skills you gained through landscape photography translate to photography in general.
In short: You’ll be a better, more exciting and more excited photographer.
But only when you choose to act.
You see, some might choose to do nothing. They won’t “do nothing” on purpose, it’s usually procrastination. They bookmark a page like this and think they’ll come back to it later.
Three months pass and they find themselves in the same exact position they were before. Still thwarted by a camera that feels too complicated. Taking pictures that are not up to their full potential. Feeling the creative urge but unable to turn what they “see” into real pictures like this:
I wouldn’t be where I am today, doing what this course promises, if I hadn’t chosen to act.
You have a chance to do things differently.“Simply Stunning Landscapes” is your path to becoming a much better, more fulfilled photographer. But it’s up to you to take the first step.
The choice is yours.
Click the button below to get started!
Founder, Expert Photography
P.S. – You’re getting everything you need to capture stunning landscapes, AND you’re getting “Picturesque Panoramas”, “5 Landscape Case Studies”, and “Sell Your Art” for FREE. But remember – 500 is the magic number.
“You are a Genius – you are the butter on the bread for all ‘Amateur’ and yes some ‘Professional’ photographers. I fully understand your points as many of these thoughts have crossed my mind too. I have taken over 24000 photos over the last 2 years, published my first calendar last year and I have business proposals now which I did not even have to solicit.”
“I’m in the Maldives, and as you know it is absolutely stunning. I’ve taken some beautiful pictures that I’ll cherish forever. Your training really helped, especially the part about revisiting and taking pics of the same scene on different days, with different weather. The ebooks and video courses I’ve purchased have already transformed my pictures. And the timing couldn’t have been better. Thanks again.”
What is the structure of the course?
The course has 5 Modules:
- Camera and Exposure
- Styles and Techniques
Plus, you are getting three bonuses:
- Case Studies
- Picturesque Panoramas
- Sell My Art
The lessons in each module are short and succinct on individual topics. This makes it easy to digest and simple to find and revisit specific concepts. Lesson lengths vary between 2-15 minutes.
May I see the course contents?
The course has 5 modules with a total of 32 lessons, plus the 3 bonuses with a total of 25 lessons:
- Misc Accessories
- Camera and Exposure
- Depth of Field
- Shutter Speed
- Exposure Triangle
- White Balance
- Metering Modes
- Image Quality
- Location Scouting: Weather, Time of Day, And the Power of Revisiting
- How to Do Location Scouting From Home
- Styles and Techniques
- Shooting Sunrise
- Shooting Sunset
- Wide vs Telephoto Shots
- Lakes and Reflections
- Long Exposure
- Aerial Landscape Photography / Drone
- Rule of Thirds
- Leading Lines
- Dynamic Tension
- Horizon Placement
- Balance and Visual Weight
- Golden Triangles
- Foreground Interest and Depth
- Case Studies
- Church at Jamnik
- Lake Bled
- Pericnic Waterfall
- Versic Pass
- Picturesque Panoramas
- Camera Choice
- Lens Choice
- Cable Release
- Tripod Head
- Camera Settings
- RAW and Camera Settings
- Manual Focus
- Panorama vs Single Photo
- Suitable Scenes
- Camera Placement on the focal Plane
- Portrait vs Landscape
- Overlap Percentage
- Shooting Mode
- In-app vs LR
- Processing Panos
- Lightroom Processing
- Boundary Wrap
- Tiny Planet
- Sell Your Art
Is this an online course or will you send me DVDs?
This is an online course only.
This is the best way to cater to our customers all over the world with easy and instant access to their purchases, downloads, captions, links, and more. However, once purchased, you can download all the videos to your device and access them without an internet connection.
Can I download the videos?
Yes! We have downloads for every single video.
Will this work with my camera?
So long as you have a DSLR, a mirrorless or a bridge camera, it should work fine. You won’t be able to make the most of this course (specifically, the gear and settings modules) using a point-and-shoot, but the modules on planning, styles and composition would still be useful even using a phone!
How long do I have to finish the course?
You will have lifetime access and the video downloads ensure that you can watch them on any device, at any time. You can take all the time you need, and go through the material at your own pace.
So even if you feel you don’t have time to dedicate to this course currently, you can take advantage of this one-time-only special launch offer and watch the course when it will be right for you.
How does the guarantee work?
If you would like to get your money back, all you need to do is send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org within 90 days of your purchase. I won’t ask any questions, and I will give you a full refund.
Simple as that. So if you are unsure right now about buying this course… It’s not a final decision.
You can make sure you don’t miss out on the deal, have a taste of the course and decide whether you want to keep it or not. You may wonder why I would do this – it’s because I’m sure you’ll love it.
And if it’s not for you, it’s only right I give you your money back.
What if I am a beginner photographer?
While many not specifically “beginner” photography courses assume the customer has already mastered their camera, our course covers the settings we use in each situation. The course is truly for all experience levels, beginners included.
It is jargon-free – we don’t get hung up on technical terminology.
What if I'm an experienced photographer already?
Although our course is suitable for beginners, it’s can also valuable for experienced photographers. You’ll surely be familiar with some of the concepts and techniques that are covered in this course.
However, you may find some fresh ideas and useful tricks that will improve your photography further.
If you’re concerned you won’t learn anything new, you can sign up and go through a module of your choice, and ask for a refund in 90 days if you already knew everything.
What if I don’t have the time or money to travel to amazing locations?
As you can see from the photos on this page, we indeed went to beautiful locations… But we stopped at ordinary scenes along the way and were able to capture great images! All because we followed a simple system you can follow too.
Landscape photography doesn’t require travelling. I will teach you how to scout locations near you to practice and enjoy landscape photography!