As you may well know, I’ve already written a post called 10 Seriously Cool Camera Bags, and although it went down a treat, I caught a little flak from people saying that it was too focused towards men.
They were right, it was. I was blind to the style benefits of camera bags for women, but now I can see.
And I’m here to make up for it! After much deliberation (and a fair amount of input from some female friends), I’ve managed to compile a list of camera bags for female photographers, from eight different designers. These bags are both practical and stylish.
NOTE: A lot of these bags come in a variety of colours, so make sure you choose the colour that’s right for you.
[Note: ExpertPhotography is supported by readers. Product links on ExpertPhotography are referral links. If you use one of these and buy something, we make a little bit of money. Need more info? See how it all works here. — Ed.]
Camera Bags for Women
The Jo Totes Bellbrook backpack is a modern and fashionable camera bag for women. It is ultra-comfortable, either while being on your feet for hours, or running to and from many places on the same day.
It is hand-crafted from water-resistant waxed canvas and made in America. There is a high-quality leather trim, which makes it versatile and tres chic.
- Laptop compartment for 15″ model;
- Side pockets allow the storage and fast retrieval of smaller items;
- Will carry a DSLR and two lenses (or one lens and a flash);
- Camera gear stashes at the bottom, with side access;
- Top area is modifiable for bigger items;
- Removing dividers allows you to use the bag as an everyday backpack;
- There is no overt branding, which is a huge stylish plus. You can find the brand embossed on a zipper pull.
Jack by Jill.e designs is a shoulder bag for the female photographer. This is yet another camera bag manufacturer that offers a few different products for the women photographers out there.
This bag has a unisex look to it, meaning that it isn’t too over the top for specific events. It’s a good all-rounder.
- Will house a 15″ laptop;
- Holds two DSLR bodies and three medium sized lenses. The camera bodies also have the capacity to hold two zoom lenses;
- Two zippered front pockets also contain smaller interior pockets. Perfect for a mobile phone and memory cards;
- Side pockets are also useful for small items, such as business cards;
- Accessible through the top flap, which is great for safety.
The Kelly Moore KMB-Orange Libby bag is a well-organized bag, perfect for the photography enthusiast. The Libby bag is the first women’s bag designed to carry your laptop and your gear.
The bag is versatile enough to meet all your needs. There is no need to carry 3 bags when you’re travelling anymore. Watch a video on the bag here.
- Laptop divider for a 17″ laptop
- Five padded, removable, adjustable dividers
- Padded exterior walls & bottom
- iPad sized pocket
- Two over the shoulder straps (11″ height)
- One removable long messenger strap (up to 56″)
- Made of water-resistant materials
- Antiqued Brass Hardware
- Shoulder Pad
- Holds up to two camera bodies with lenses attached, one longer lens and one flash
The purple relic leather camera bag is more than just a camera bag. This spacious design has a canvas-lined interior and fitted with a large pouch, zipped pockets, magnetic flap pockets, iPad slot, and phone and wallet slots for easy organization.
This is the most stylish bag out of all our reviewed items today, and also the one that doesn’t scream photographer. This bag will ensure you look like a guest and not a photographer at any and all events.
- The insert can be removed to transform it into a vintage-style handbag;
- Handmade raw leather item with imperfections, meaning your bag is and will stay unique;
- 13″ (L) x 10.6″(H) x 5″(W);
- Shoulder drop of 24″;
- Padded insert holds and protects DSLR and small accessories;
- Carried by the top handle, crossbody or shoulder;
- Multiple zipper, flap and slip pockets;
- Back zipper pocket.
The Bluboon camera bag is the smallest option there is. Great for when you don’t need to lug around a huge camera bag. During small events, you’ll hardly know it’s with you. It’s made from a durable canvas with a genuine leather strap.
- Water resistant to light rain and splashing;
- Dimensions are 7.8″ height and 5.5″ width. Bigger version available in black and brown;
- Comfortable strap;
- Fully padded shockproof inner lining for secure protection;
- Adjustable velcro padded separators customized for secure travel;
- Fits a DSLR and lens, plus one extra standard lens or mini digital camera;
- Lots of pockets to store the knick-knacks, like memory cards, filters, small tablet etc.
- The little front pocket on small camera bag has room for chargers, spare batteries, spare cards etc.
- Retro leather magnetic straps on the main flap.
The Jo Totes is a shoulder bag, making it a little more stylish than a bag you need to wear on your back. This bag has many 5-star reviews that helped to seal the deal in including it on our list.
It comes in butterscotch, mint, magenta or marsala colours, as they know that one bag style isn’t going to cover all tastes and colour coordination.
The material is faux-leather, but the quality is excellent. The shape allows it to conform to your body more, for a comfortable feel.
- Seven spacious pockets;
- Two smaller pockets on the outside are great for personal effects, such as phone and keys;
- Large front pocket;
- One back pocket that includes a zippered compartment and a quick-access non-zippered compartment – perfect for lens covers;
- Customisable inside via four removable velcro pads;
- Will fit a camera body and two lenses or flash units;
- The leftover room can house a scarf or cardigan.
This backpack cuts out any sloshing around found with messenger backs. Two straps help your back and shoulders stay out shooting for longer.
It is genuine leather and durable canvas, making it look great while it protects your gear from light rain and splashing.
- Large leather flap that secures with magnetic snaps;
- Unique drawstring closure;
- Adjustable Backpack Strap;
- Stands on its own;
- Antique Brass Hardware;
- Includes removable camera pack with fully customisable inserts;
- Two open and one zippered inside pockets;
- 15″ laptop compartment.
The MOACC is a waterproof and durable canvas bag in a vintage style. Different sizes and colours available, going from khaki to grey and a two or three grid camera insert.
- Removable inner camera pads for everyday bag usage;
- Holds a DSLR camera plus three lenses;
- Enough space for charger, batteries, keys, etc.
- Shockproof padded camera insert with adjustable dividers;
- Comfortable shoulder strap and shoulder pad.
The Vinta is a minimal take on an old military backpack. It is as simple as it is functional. You don’t even have to keep it as a backpack, as the inserts come out, allowing you to take reign over what you put inside.
It is cool and stylish, and I’m sure where ever you go, people will ask where they can get one.
- Converts from a Camera bag to a travel bag in seconds;
- Back opening for security;
- Holds a Full-Frame DSLR with 3-5 Lenses;
- Dedicated Laptop Slot and includes a Zippered Field Pack;
- Magnetic Snaps and Padded Interior Dividers;
- Waterproof Material with Leather Details;
- Large front pocket;
- Side pocket for each to reach items.
The Think Tank Photo Lily Deanne comes from a collaboration between a Pulitzer Prize-winning photographer and an award-winning product designer. Designed to be understated, so they don’t make you an obvious photographer.
- Space for DSLR with battery grip and attached short lens + zoom lens and speedlights;
- Top flap flips all the way back for easy access;
- Numerous additional pockets for smaller items such as business cards, pens, keys, etc.
- Able to fit over a rolling bag’s telescopic handle – perfect as a second bag when travelling;
- Top flap and exterior pockets use magnets – no heavy sounds from velcro!
- Inside is customisable via included velcro walls;
- Beautiful blue interior.
A note from Josh, ExpertPhotography's Photographer-In-Chief:
Thank you for reading...
if you want to capture breathtaking images, without the frustration of a complicated camera.
It's my training video that will walk you how to use your camera's functions in just 10 minutes - for free!
I also offer video courses and ebooks covering the following subjects:
You could be just a few days away from finally understanding how to use your camera to take great photos!
Thanks again for reading our articles!