As you may well know, I’ve already written a post called 10 Seriously Cool Camera Bags, and although it went down a treat, I caught a little flak from people saying that it was too focused towards men. They were right, it was. I was blind to the style benefits of camera bags for women, but now I can see.
I’m here to make up for it! After much deliberation (and a fair amount of input from some female friends), I’ve managed to compile a list of camera bags for women, from eight different designers. These bags are both practical and stylish.
NOTE: A lot of these bags come in a variety of colours, so make sure you’ve chosen the colour that’s right for you.
[Note: ExpertPhotography is supported by readers. Product links on ExpertPhotography are referral links. If you use one of these and buy something, we make a little bit of money. Need more info? See how it all works here. — Ed.]
Camera Bags for Women
- Convenient dual carrying handles, along with a comfortable, padded over the shoulder detachable strap
- Fun polka dot padded interior with adjustable velcro dividers inside for flexible configuration
- Convenient interior netted pocket allowing quick access to memory cards and/or other small items
- Many outside pockets with magnetic clasps for both personal and professional uses
- Handy toiletries or ‘personal items pouch included with detachable tether
From Amazon review:
“This bag is perfect for those who carry a camera and want to be more discrete about it. ”
“This bag is, very, very good quality, down to the stitcking.”
- 1 – laptop divider – Will hold up to a 17″ laptop
- 5- padded, removable, adjustable dividers
- Exterior walls & bottom of the bag are padded
- iPad sized pocket.
- 2 – over the shoulder straps(11″ height)
- 1 – removable long messenger strap ( up to 56″)
- Made of water resistant, man-made materials
- Antiqued Brass Hardware
- Weight: 4.5 lbs
- Shoulder Pad
- Will hold up to a 10″ lens
- Will hold a pro body or standard body with grip
- Will hold a camera body with lens attached
The Kelly Moore KMB-Orange Libby bag is a well organized bag which can also be used by photography enthusiast too. The Libby bag is the first women’s bag that is designed to carry your laptop and your gear. The bag is versatile enough to meet all your needs. There is no need to carry 3 bags when you’re travelling anymore. Watch a video on the bag here.
- 13″L x 4″W x 15″H
- weight: 2.5 lbs
- constructed with water-resistant, high-quality synthetic leather
- braided shoulder strap drop length: 13.5″
- detachable, padded cross-body strap: 51″ max length
- two front zipper pockets: 3.75″L x 6″H
- back zipper pocket: 10.25″L x 8.75″H
- ultra-soft white lining
- crafted with extra padding for maximum equipment protection
- three Velcro panels can be adjusted to any position for maximum customization (1 long, 2 short)
- one zipper pocket: 6″L x 4.5″H
Perfect for long walks through Paris or a full day of photo shoots, every girl needs a Lyric in their camera bag collection. This must-have accessory accommodates your camera body + attached lens, 1 long lens (including 70-200mm), 1-2 smaller lenses, wallet, cell phone, lip gloss, memory cards and keys. Back pocket designed to hold your iPad!
- Functional and stylish.
- Weather resistant polyurethane exterior.
- Detachable shoulder strap.
- Separate compartment for phone, memory cards and batteries storage.
- Large divider allows room for laptop or iPad.
- Coral exterior.
- Dimensions (LxWxH) 16.0″ x 6.0″ x 10.0″
- Padded walls protect your equipment.
- Adjustable interior velcro dividers allows customization and flexibility.
- Fits a DSLR camera and up to 3 lenses.
- Outside zipper compartment for phone, extra batteries and memory cards.
- Large divider fits laptop, iPad, or personal items and accessories.
- Will hold a camera body with lens attached.
- Water Resistant Man Made Material.
- Stands on its own.
- Matte Finished Silver Colored Hardware.
- Wipes clean with a damp cloth.
- Handcrafted with full-grain leather
- Room for an SLR and up to 3 lenses
- Adjustable shoulder strap, drop length of 14″ to 18″
- Removable padded shoulder pad
- Fully customizable interior with 3 removable dividers
- Personal items compartment with room for an iPad
- Dimensions: 14.5″L X 13″W X 5″D
The Venice is a naturally milled full-grain leather SLR camera bag designed to hold a pro-camera body, up to 3 lenses, and small personal items. A slim interior compartment provides plenty of room for your iPad, wallet, sunshades, and other small personal items; two large front pockets and a slim back pocket are perfect for lens caps, film, and batteries. With its elegant, modern silhouette, you can even wear the Venice as a traditional shoulder bag on those rare occasions when you’re not toting your gear.
Ona make great bags.
Sure, a bag will hold your stuff, but why stop there? How about a bag that helps you be mistaken for the world’s most interesting time traveler? What you need is the Chromonaut Camera Bag, a roomy, high-quality handmade camera bag with a sharp vintage look.
With plenty of pockets and an adjustable insert, the Chromonaut Camera Bag packs lots of gear while keeping a lean profile. Handmade in Japan from water-repellent canvas, the bag’s stress points are triple-stitched to resist tearing and time warp turbulence. Plus, it’s got style for miles: its snappy vintage color scheme makes it perfect for a fashionable day out in any era.
Pack the stuff you need: we fit our Canon 5D, a lens, and a flash without even using the pockets. The Chromonaut’s always ready to go with you on an afternoon shoot, but it’s cool if cameras aren’t involved, either. Remove the insert and you’ve got a roomy day bag for a trip to the beach, the park or the Age of Aquarius.
- Artificial leather.
- Canvas camera style bag with an adjustable shoulder strap.
- Two magnetic locks allow you to store the camera equipment easily.
- Durable and soft inner cotton material case for absorbing shock and vibration.
- Protect your camera and other accessories from dust and scratch.
- One main removable compartment with two removable interior dividers.
- Inner compartment and interior dividers with velcro closures.
- Front two pockets and back one pocket allow you to keep the memo pad and accessories.
- Can be used as a casual bag when you take off the detachable partitions.
- Exterior materials: soft, top quality faux leather in black with herringbone fabric covering the flap and accenting the two front pockets
- Interior fabric: dark blue silky cotton
- Protective foam sewn into the lining of all four sides and bottom of the bag,
- Removable cross body strap with removable shoulder pad
- Three adjustable interior pads
- The main compartment closes with a zipper
- Hardware: antique brushed gold metal
- Exterior: two front pockets, one large back pocket with zippered closure.
- Interior: zippered iPad pocket on one side of the bag and another shorter zippered pocket for your phone and keys on the other side; three removable pads that attach to the sides and bottom of the bag by means of Velcro, allowing you to fashion your own compartments to accommodate your specific equipment
- Size: 14” X 10.5” X 4.75”
This classic satchel, Georgia, will keep your camera equipment safe, is comfortable to carry, and has plenty of extra pockets for everyday items.
- 16” (length) x 4” (width) x 11” (height)
- 2 magnetic snap pockets
- 2 side pockets[to hold phone]
- 1 large back zipper pocket(will fit an IPad)
- 3 padded, removable, adjustable velcro dividers which total 4 sections inside.
- Exterior walls & bottom of the bag are padded
- Can carry a camera body; flash; 2-4 lenses; cords; phone; keys; wallet; batteries;
- Designed to carry lenses up to 8″ lens in length.
- Adjustable strap [Up to 56″]
- Water Resistant Man Made Material
- Stands on its own
- Weight 2.5 lbs
- Shoulder Pad Included
“As a photographer and a woman, I was always left wanting when it came to my options for a stylish, functional bag that I could use to carry my equipment while I shot. Over Three years ago, I started sketching and dreaming about having a handbag/lens bag line of my own. I sat down and made a wish list of everything that I would want in a great bag, and now I am so excited to share all these features with you!” – Kelly Moore
Jo Totes Gracie Teal – $119.00
- Exterior material: lambskin pattern, water-resistant, top quality faux leather in teal
- Interior fabric: cotton in black and white houndstooth
- 1/2″ foam sewn into the lining of all four sides and the bottom of the bag
- Four adjustable pads made from 1/2″ foam (two with soft velcro panels for horizontal placement)
- Removable and adjustable cross-body strap
- Durable and smooth-gliding metal zipper
- Optional-use magnetic closures on top for times when your bag is less full, or in place of using the zipper when quick access is necessary
- 8″ drop from shoulder
- Exterior: pleated sides; large zippered back pocket; rosette and pleated front panel
- Interior pockets: two open pockets; one zippered pocket
- Metal color: brushed silver
- Four metal feet
- Size: 16 3/4″ x 11″ x 6″
This lovely vintage-inspired handbag features a rosette, pleated sides and front panel, and zippered pockets for your odds and ends. The vintage detail includes a durable and easy-to-pull metal zipper. Rose is the perfect day bag for carrying your camera and an extra lens with your purse items while out and about.
Here’s the whole lot of them together. If you like these bags, please pin the image below, so other people can enjoy them too. 🙂
A note from Josh, ExpertPhotography's Photographer-In-Chief:
Thank you for reading...
if you want to capture breathtaking images, without the frustration of a complicated camera.
It's my training video that will walk you how to use your camera's functions in just 10 minutes - for free!
I also offer video courses and ebooks covering the following subjects:
You could be just a few days away from finally understanding how to use your camera to take great photos!
Thanks again for reading our articles!