Are you a photography nerd? There is one in every family, and if you can’t tell who it is, then the chances are it’s you.
It’s ok – here at Expert Photography, we appreciate those who dedicate their lives to photography.
Here are 25 telltale signs that you’re a total photography nerd – let us know how many of these apply to you in the comments!
25. You Look at Every Bathroom and Rate It on How Good a Darkroom It Would be
The most I have ever given was 8/10, and that’s because they already had a red safelight installed.
And only you find them funny.
23. You’ve Seen Every Movie Based on Photography – More Than Once!
There just isn’t enough of them!
22. You Can Identify a Camera by Its Sound
The Canon A-1 sounds like closing the door on an Aston Martin.
21. Your Holidays Are Based on Photographic Opportunities
Nepal has mountain honey farmers, Cuba has the old cars and Morocco has colored dye pits. Who cares about the culture and cuisine.
20. You Have Repetitive Strain Injury
On your finger, wrist, hand, elbow, knees, neck and anywhere else you use for those interesting perspectives.
19. Your Browser Opens at Petapixel’s Home Page
Well, photography news is way more interesting than real world news.
18. You Have Tons of Film You Need to Process, But You Just Don’t Have the Time For It
It’s ok…I have a fridge to keep them in.
17. There Is a Camera You Want to Be Buried With
Yes – the Stylophot.
16. You Are Not Present in Any Photographs Because You’re the One Taking Them
And you are completely fine with that.
15. Every New Person You Meet Needs to Learn About Photography
Whether they want to or not, you can give them tips that will benefit their photography in a heartbeat.
14. People Who Use Pop-Up Flash Have No Idea What They’re Doing
Well, it is true – especially when their subject is 20 feet away.
13. You Own More Camera Straps and Bags Than You Have Cameras
Horses for courses. Why should you be limited?
12. You Criticize the Lighting in Every Film You Watch
Well, most horror films suck, but you know that Kubrick has some of the best.
11. You Have a Photography Related Tattoo
At least one, and it can be obscure. So be honest.
10. You Can’t Go Anywhere Without Your Camera
Why would you go anywhere without your camera? Would you leave without clothes?
9. Photography Books Outnumber Any Other Type of Book
8. You Have Cameras That People No Longer Make Film For
You know all of them by names and numbers, and even which film they used to take.
Are you one of the few people who can keep up with the confusing modern-day timeline of Polaroid? I thought so.
7. You Spend More Time With the Photographer Than Your Own Family at Your Own Wedding
6. You Give Tips to Tourists on How to Take Better Selfies, While Ignoring Those Who Are Looking at Maps
You notice everyone taking badly framed images, yet actively avoid those searching for The New York Cafe in Budapest.
5. First, You Buy Photographic Film. Then You Buy Food
Photographic film captures moments, which is more necessary than eating every day.
4. Your First Born Child Is Ansel or Cindy
There just are no other names, except as middle names.
3. Quoting Henri-Cartier Bresson Comes Naturally
To me, photography is the simultaneous recognition, in a fraction of a second, of the significance of an event.
2. Camera Shops Are Your Go-to Happy Place
When you have free time, you find yourself searching for rare Leicas and cheap X-pans.
1. You Mentally Compose Every Scene You Come Across
Every time you go out, you can’t enjoy yourself until you know whether to compose it with the rule of thirds or golden ratio.
Looking for more fun photography posts? Check out this list of cool photography memes for a laugh!