Memory cards cases and holders store your memory cards in the safest way possible. Not only are they all together in a neat and tidy place, many of them offer other great advantages, being shock, water and dust proof.
Some of the items on our list come with carabiners or clips, allowing you to ensure they stay attached to you or your bag for easy access. Have a look to see which is the best fit for yourself, and your camera system.
For all the information you need on card types, sizes and speeds, see our article on the Best Memory Cards for all Photography Budgets.
[ExpertPhotography is supported by readers. Product links on ExpertPhotography are referral links. If you use one of these and buy something we make a little bit of money. Need more info? See how it all works here.]
The Pocket Rocket doesn’t only have the best name, it also comes from renowned company Think Tank. They have a great reputation in the photographic world, and this card holder is no exception.
Lightweight, slim and dustproof, this genius product holds up to 8 cards of your choice.
- Holds 4-CF cards, 4-SD cards and 4-Memory Sticks. Up to 8 cards can be stored depending upon media type.
- Made from Makrolon BASF
- Shock resistant
- 4.5 x 2.5 x 0.5 inches
I know, it looks like a pill box. But the benefit of the Tronixpro Memory cards case is it protects your cards against getting bent, broken or crushed. This offers you peace of mind above all else. A whopping 24 cards can be held in this system.
- Perfect for storing and protecting up to 24 cards (SD, SDHC, CF) Memory Cards
- Comes with Blank Labels
- Microfiber Lens/LCD Screen Cleaning Cloth
- 3 x 0.5 x 3.5 inches
This tiny card case is a blessing. The small and compact size means you don’t need much space to carry it with you. This system is built to hold cards that you didn’t even know existed.
Perfect for the photographer who doesn’t have the most common camera type.
- Snap-on Locking System
- Mini Size
- Capacity: 2*XQD + 2*CF + 2*TF + 3*SD
- 2.3 x 2.8 x 1 inches
This Camkix protective case is rugged and strong. It keeps your cards dust free, and even comes with stickers for organisation.
- Protective metal outer shell and soft foam interior
- Customizable Interior
- Dust Free
- Compact and easy to store
- Sticker set included
- 4 inserts to choose from
- 1) 2x SD cards 2) 1x SD card & 5 micro sd cards 3) MS stick 2x and 1x small 4) 2 compact flash cards
- 3.7 x 2.4 x 0.7 inches
I recommend this card safe for the adventure photographer. It is shock resistant and static proof, keeping those cards good-to-go at a moment’s notice.
- Holds 4-CF, 4-SD, 4-SmartMedia, 4-MultiMediaCard, and 4-Memory Sticks. Up to 8 cards can be stored depending upon media type.
- Made from Makrolon BASF
- Shock resistant
- 3.9 x 3 x 0.9 inches
The Ruggard memory card case is nice and simple. It will hold up to 8 SD cards, or up to 8 Micro SD cards, if you have enough adapters to go with them.
- Dust proof
- Dirt proof
- Hard Plastic Exterior
- Custom Fit Molded Rubber Interior
- Snap Closure
- Limited 1-Year Manufacture Warranty
- 4.0 x 2.5 x 0.75 inches
The CamKix memory card holder has an interesting design. Shaped like a Swiss Army Knife, it will slide in and fit into the most inconspicuous of places. Six Micro SD cards, one SD card an an adapter to connect the images to your computer.
Perfect for those who run their own business, as it holds Sim cards with eject pin.
- This case fits 1x SD, 6x Micro SD, 1x Mini SIM, 1x Micro SIM and 1x Nano SIM cards
- Also fits SDHC, SDXC and TF versions
- Swiss army knife design
- Micro SD reader
- Eject Pin (for certain cell phones)
- 3.9 x 3 x 0.7 inches
This is one of my favourite memory card cases as it is as big as a credit card. This means it will fit in your wallet. No extra space needed. It only works with Micro SD cards, so it works well with things like Go Pros.
If you carry an adapter, it opens up other camera systems too.
- Dust proof
- Credit card size – lightweight and portable
- MARKABLE – With memory card patterns on the back for ease of use and can be marked
- A keychain hole is designed for easy carrying
- holds 10 cards
- 3.4 x 2.1 x 0.1 inches
The Nintendo switch games case holds micro SDs, with adapter, and also Nintendo Switch games too. This is perfect if you are photographing with your family or kids in tow.
The games’ areas are slightly bigger than SD cards, which could be used if you are careful when opening the case.
- Dirt proof
- 16 pieces of Switch Game Cards and 16 Micro SD cards with an adapter.
- Soft rubber lining
- Convenient to carry
- 8.3 x 3.2 x 1.2 inches
The Beeway memory cards case is tough, durable and both weather and dust proof. The bag and carabiner make it easier to carry and store. There are 24 places for SD and Micro SD cards, perfect if you uses these cards predominatly in your work.
- Compatible with SD and micro SD cards
- 12 x SD/SDHC/SDXC cards and 12 x MicroSD cards
- Polycarbonate case
- Comes with a drawstring bag and Carabiner
- 5.5 x 3 x 1.1 inches
The Eco-fused memory cards case is soft and lightweight. 22 slots allow you to keep all of your cards together in the same place.
The best thing is it fits all card types, and will even hold smaller items you may need but never think about. Such as a coin for those annoying tripod heads.
- Keep your memory cards organized and labelled inside
- 22 slots – 18 small slots that hold cards up to 24mm wide and 4 large slots that hold cards up to 43mm wide
- Fits SD, SDHC, Mini SD, Micro SD, Memory Stick Pro Duo, XD and MMC cards. Compact Flash (CF) cards can be stored in the 8 large slots
- Made from durable nylon mesh. It’s tough and lightweight
- Can also be used to keep other things organized – sim cards & coins
- 4 x 1 x 2 inches
The simplest cases are the best. Apart from being a bright colour, which allows it to be seen if accidentally dropped, the Neewer memory cards case holder has many other features. Dust and waterproof as standard, it is also airtight and anti-shock
The best thing about this card holder is it stores all three main card types easily. 10 micro SD cards, 4 SD cards and 2 CF cards all fit together nice and neatly. If you use different camera types and need different cards, this is the memory card holder for you.
- Stores 4 SD/ 4 XD/ 2 CF cards + 2 CF/ 10 MSD/ 10 TF cards
- Airtight and Anti-shock
- 4.9 x 3.15 x 0.9 inches
There you have it. 12 of the best mmory card holders known to man. You may find that a few of these will benefit you and your photography. Horses for courses and all that.
A note from Josh, ExpertPhotography's Photographer-In-Chief:
Thank you for reading...
if you want to capture breathtaking images, without the frustration of a complicated camera.
It's my training video that will walk you how to use your camera's functions in just 10 minutes - for free!
I also offer video courses and ebooks covering the following subjects:
You could be just a few days away from finally understanding how to use your camera to take great photos!
Thanks again for reading our articles!