Photography is an excellent opportunity for lifelong learning. There is always something new to learn or a different challenge to accomplish.
We have designed a fun photography quiz for you to test and improve your knowledge. You can find the answers at the end of the quiz!
21. What Are the Elements of the
a) Aperture – White Balance – Shutter Speed
b) Shutter Speed – ISO – Camera Mode
c) Aperture – ISO – Shutter Speed
d) ISO – White Balance – Flash Power
20. What Were the Most Popular Photography Subjects in the 1800s?
b) The deceased
19. Who Photographed the Famous Picture ‘The Afghan Girl’?
a) Steve McCurry
b) Cindy Sherman
c) David LaChapelle
d) Mario Testino
18. What Does Photography Mean, and in What Language?
a) Capture the Light in German
b) Drawing with Light in Greek
c) Freezing the Light in Italian
d) Stopping the Light in French
17. Which of These Is NOT a Compositional Guideline in Photography?
a) Rule of thirds
b) Golden ratio
c) Leading lines
d) Three seconds rule
16. Where Did Kodak Get Their Name From?
a) They just liked the K sound
b) The founder’s middle name was Kodak
c) It means ‘to capture’ in Polish
d) After a cartoon character
15. When Was the First Colour Photograph Taken?
14. How Much Was Paid for the World’s Most Expensive Photograph?
13. The Most Viewed Photograph in History is a Windows Computer Wallpaper
12. What Scale is Used When Measuring the Colour Temperature of the Light?
11. What Does HDR Stand For?
a) High Digital Range
b) High Developing Range
c) High Dynamic Range
d) High Disturbance Range
10. What Camera Brand Did NASA Use (and Leave Behind) to Photograph the First Steps on the Moon?
9. What Is Often a Side Effect of Using a Higher ISO Setting?
a) Colour imbalances
b) Digital noise
c) Battery drain
d) Big green pixels
8. What Is Aperture Measured In?
7. Edwin H. Land invented…
a) The off-camera flash
b) The first photo editing software
c) The negative
d) The Polaroid Camera
6. What Is Bokeh?
a) The aesthetic quality of the blur produced in the out-of-
b) The amount of noise in a photo
c) It’s an acronym
d) A certain part of a tripod
5. What Was the Subject of the First Photo Uploaded to Instagram?
a) A girl on the beach
b) Breakfast cereal
c) A dog near a taco stand
d) A camera body
4. Who Took a Photograph of John Lennon Only a Few Hours Before His Death?
a) Andreas Gursky
b) Annie Leibovitz
c) Terry Richardson
d) Helmut Newton
3. Why Did People Never Smile in Old Photographs?
a) It was considered rude
b) They had to sit there for hours because of the long
c) People had bad teeth and didn’t want to show them
d) It was forbidden to smile in public
2. The First Aerial Images Were Taken of Which City?
a) New York
1. When Was Photoshop Invented?
21. c, 20. b, 19. a, 18. b, 17. d, 16. a, 15. c, 14. a, 13. a, 12. b, 11. c, 10. c, 9. b, 8. c, 7. d, 6. a, 5. c, 4. b, 3. b, 2. b, 1. d,
How many of the ExpertPhotography quiz questions did you get right? Let us know in the comments section below!
For more fun photography facts, check out our list of most expensive cameras, most expensive photos ever sold, or the worlds most iconic photos! To learn more about photography, check out our Photography for Beginners course!