If you’re looking for the best Fuji lenses, you’ve come to the right place. In this blog post, we’ll be discussing 20 of the best Fuji lenses that are available on the market today. We’ll be talking about everything from wide angle lenses to macro lenses, so whether you’re a professional photographer or just starting out, there’s sure to be something here for you. So without further ado, let’s get started!
[Note: ExpertPhotography is supported by readers. Product links on ExpertPhotography are referral links. If you use one of these and buy something, we make a little bit of money. Need more info? See how it all works here.]
Find the Best Fujifilm Lenses for You
We’ve compiled the best Fujifilm lenses for all photographers. We’ve got prime and zoom lenses. We’ve got telephoto zoom lenses. And we haven’t forgotten macro photographers.
The majority of the list is dedicated to XF-mount lenses. They are compatible with Fujifilm X series cameras. This is their line of fantastic mirrorless cameras.
We’ve also included prime and zoom GF lenses. These are compatible with Fujifilm’s medium-format cameras.
Click the link below to skip to the section you need:
- Best Fujifilm XF Prime Lenses
- Best Fujifilm XF Standard Zoom Lenses
- Best Fujifilm XF Telephoto Zoom Lenses
- Best Fujifilm GF Prime Lenses
- Best Fujifilm GF Zoom Lenses
Best Fujifilm XF Prime Lenses
These are the best prime lenses for Fujifilm XF-mount cameras.
- Versatile and affordable wide-angle prime
- Fast and sharp AF motor
- Weather sealed for outdoor photography
- Fantastic all-rounder for many types of photography
- Rugged construction allows for outdoor shooting in all conditions
- Fast and silent AF for discreet photographers
- Beautiful bokeh in macro and portrait photography
- Sharper images with the optical image stabilization
- Perfect focal length for portrait, product, and food photography
- Affordable prime with excellent optical quality
- Special element coating reduces flare and aberration
- 9-blade aperture gives smooth background bokeh
- Fast max aperture of f/1.4 for fantastic exposure options
- Fast and smooth AF motor
- Brilliant build and optical quality
1. Fujifilm XF 16mm f/2.8R WR
The Fujifilm XF 16mm f/2.8R WR is an excellent prime lens. It isn’t a fisheye lens. But it does give you an ultra-wide viewing angle. You can capture wide shots in tight spaces, which is good for real estate and street photographers.
It may be small. But thanks to its ten glass elements, the image quality is brilliant. You might experience some flaring in direct sunlight. But there’s little chromatic aberration for a wide-angle lens.
The stepping motor gives the autofocus system a reliable and near-silent performance. And the lens is weather and dust-resistant for outdoor photography. It’s a fantastic option for travel photographers.
2. Fujifilm XF 50mm f/2.0R WR
Every photographer needs a 50mm lens in their camera bag. And the Fujifilm XF 50mm f/2.0R WR is the best for photographers with a Fujifilm camera. The 50mm focal length is versatile and reliable. You can use it for many different types of photography.
The fast f/2 max aperture gives you plenty of freedom with your
It’s a durable lens. It’s weather-sealed and dust-resistant. So you can work outside in tough conditions. You can even shoot in sub-zero temperatures. It’s a true all-round prime lens.
3. Fujifilm XF 80mm f/2.8R LM OIS WR
Anyone interested in portrait photography needs the XF 80mm f/2.8R LM OIS WR. The 80mm focal length gives you a tight frame, which is ideal for portraits. The f/2.8 max aperture isn’t particularly fast. But the lens still gives you a lovely soft bokeh effect.
It also gives you fabulous results as a macro lens. You can shoot wonderful close-ups. This is great for product, food, and nature photography. The optical quality is excellent, and you get that lovely bokeh.
This lens uses one of Fujifilm’s most sophisticated lenses. Finding focus is quick, whether your subject is near or far. It’s also weather-sealed for outdoor photography.
The optical image stabilizer is another fantastic feature. It allows you to shoot at slower shutter speeds without the risk of
4. Fujifilm XF 35mm f/2.0R WR
The Fujifilm XF 35mm f/2.0R WR is another versatile prime lens. The 35mm gives you a wider viewing angle than the 50mm lens. That helps you get wider shots in tighter spaces. It’s ideal if you’re shooting street photography on narrow thoroughfares. It’s also great for full-body and environmental portraits.
The Nano GI coating on the glass helps reduce flare and ghosting. You’ll get lovely image quality in all conditions. And the 9-blade aperture helps achieve the soft bokeh effect.
Adventurous photographers will appreciate the weather-sealing. It’s splash and dustproof, giving you plenty of outdoor shooting options.
5. Fujifilm XF 18mm f/1.4R LM WR
The Fujifilm XF 18mm f/1.4R LM WR is optically brilliant. And the build quality is great too. It’s lightweight for its size, and its mechanical components have an excellent feel.
The focal length is equivalent to 27mm on a full-frame camera. It’s an XF lens you can use in narrow streets or wild expanses. And aberration and distortion are rarely a problem.
There is no image stabilization system. But the fast f/1.4 aperture gives you excellent
Best Fujifilm XF Zoom Lenses
Fujifilm has an excellent selection of zoom lenses for their X series mirrorless cameras. This section looks at the best zoom lenses for Fujifilm cameras.
- Wide focal length range for shot variety
- Constant f/4 max aperture throughout the zoom range
- Better low-light performance with the image stabilization
- Lovely wide-angle view for interior and exterior architecture
- Image stabilization gives you more exposure options
- Excellent weather sealing for outdoor photography
- Fantastic magnification at the larger focal lengths
- You get sharper images with the optical stabilizer
- It's weather sealed for outdoor photography
- A compact and lightweight body makes it ideal for travel
- It's a versatile zoom at an affordable price
- Brilliant low-light performance with the image stabilization
- Superb image quality for an ultra wide-angle lens
- It's a weather sealed and durable lens
- 5 stops of shake compensation with the image stabilizer
1. Fujifilm XF 16-80mm f/4.0R OIS WR
You get a broad angle with the 16mm wide angle. And the 80mm end gives you good magnification and tight composition. That’s ideal for portraits, product, and fashion photography.
The optical quality is excellent, with minimal distortion through the focal range. And the image quality is improved further by the built-in image stabilization system. It has 6-stops of stabilization for more
The autofocus is reliable and quiet. And the lens is protected against bad weather. That increases the versatility still further.
2. Fujifilm XF 10-24mm f/4.0R OIS WR
This wide-angle zoom lens is perfect for real estate photographers. The XF 10-24mm f/4.0R OIS WR helps you turn cramped rooms into open spaces. And the zoom range means you don’t have to change your lens as you go from room to room. It’s also excellent for landscapes and cityscapes.
The optical image stabilizer is a brilliant addition to this lens. It gives you 3.5 stops of shake compensation. You can go three shutter stops slower with no sign of blurring. That’s ideal for darker situations. And it gives you more creative options.
It’s a weather-resistant lens. You can shoot outside in all conditions. And the AF motor is quick, responsive, and whisper-quiet.
3. Fujifilm XF 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6R LM OIS
Its minimum focal length is wide enough for landscape and real estate photography. And the zoom has excellent reach for tighter compositions. It gives you excellent magnification for a standard zoom. The XF 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6R LM OIS is a great choice for back garden wildlife photography.
The optical image stabilization gives you five stops of shake reduction. That compensated for the slow max aperture at the higher focal lengths. We’re also impressed with the autofocus. It’s fast, reliable, and smooth in operation.
It’s weatherproof against the elements. And at under 500 g, it’s lightweight for a lens with this focal length. It’s a fantastic lens to have in your camera bag if you’re a traveling photographer.
4. Fujifilm XF 18-55mm f/2.8-4R LM OIS
The XF 18-55mm f/2.8-4R LM OIS is an affordable option if you’re looking for a versatile zoom lens. It’s a solid all-rounder. You can shoot street and cityscape photography. You try portraits and fashion shots. And it’s compact and lightweight for travel photographers.
The image stabilization gives you more
5. Fujifilm XF 8-16mm f/2.8R LM WR
The XF 8-16mm f/2.8R LM WR is the widest of wide-angle lenses. Its focal length of 8-16mm makes it perfect for landscapes and architecture. It’s great for real estate photography too.
It’s a professional-grade lens. And you’ll feel it in your hand and your wallet. It weighs over 800g and isn’t cheap. But wide-angle image quality doesn’t get much better than this.
There are 20 glass elements for crystal-clear resolution. It includes a 5-stop image stabilization system and linear, motor-powered autofocus. This ultra-wide lens has edge-to-edge sharpness and definition. So you won’t experience any aberration.
Best Fujifilm XF Telephoto Zoom Lenses
You need a telephoto lens if you’re looking for more reach and magnification. They’re great for sports, wildlife, and even portrait photography. Here are our top picks of the best Fujifilm telephoto lenses.
- Wide zoom range with excellent shot versatility
- Fantastic image stabilization for sharper images
- Excellent value for a telephoto zoom lens
- Zoom range gives you excellent shot options for portrait and fashion photography
- Edge-to-edge clarity throughout the zoom range
- Fastest AF motor of any Fujifilm telephoto zoom
- Outstanding magnification with stunning image quality
- The optical stabilizers ensure you get sharp images
- It's durable and weather sealed for outdoor photography
1. Fujifilm XF 70-300mm f/4-5.6R LM OIS WR
The XF 70-300mm f/4-5.6R LM OIS WR is a versatile telephoto zoom lens. For its size and power, it’s lightweight. It has an excellent build quality and is weather-sealed.
The zoom range is quite impressive. The lens has superb resolution throughout its focal length. And its 17 glass elements provide edge-to-edge sharpness without distortion.
It’s the perfect lens for sports and wildlife photography. You won’t need to leave your hideaway to get intimate animal close-ups.
The built-in optical image stabilization system has 5.5 stops of image correction. There’s no need to slow your adventure down with a heavy tripod. It’s a versatile and affordable telephoto zoom lens.
2. Fujifilm XF 50-140mm f/2.8R LM OIS
You have a fabulous zoom range to work with. It’s great for fashion and portrait photography, giving you a tight composition and lovely bokeh. It’ll also get you close to the action for sports and wildlife photography.
The autofocus system is powered by a triple linear motor, a first for telephoto lenses. It gives you fast and sharp focus. The optical image stabilization will also ensure stunning image quality.
3. Fujifilm XF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6R
It has a mammoth focal length range of 600mm on a full frame camera. The XF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6R will redefine the possibilities of your photography. It changes the rules and gets you to where you need to be. That’s perfect for sports and wildlife photography.
It has all the features you’d expect from this lens standard. There’s the rapid and precise autofocus and the 5-stop image stabilizer. The quality of the glass elements means you won’t experience any distortion or aberration.
But it’s big and bulky. You’ll need a tripod with this one. Thankfully, it comes with a tripod mounting ring. It’s also weather-sealed. So you can shoot in all conditions.
Best Fujifilm Lenses for GFX Cameras
The GFX Series is Fujifilm’s range of medium format cameras. And when it comes to digital medium format cameras, Fujifilm is leading the field.
The only snag is that their X Series lenses aren’t compatible. Due to the GFX cameras’ larger sensor sizes, Fujifilm had to introduce the GF lens series.
If you have a GFX camera or are looking to get one, we’re here to help. We’ve picked the best Fujifilm lenses for GFX cameras. We’ll first look at GF prime lenses. Then we’ll show you our favorite GF zoom lenses.
Best Fujifilm GF Prime Lenses
These are our top prime lenses for Fujifilm medium format cameras.
- Versatile medium format prime lens with excellent optics
- Compact and lightweight, suitable for any camera bag
- Weather sealed for outdoor photography
- Lovely wide angle view with corner-to-corner clarity
- Durable construction with weather sealing
- Reliable AF motor with near-silent operation
- Ideal for high-class portraits and fine art
- Excellent exposure control with a fast f/1.7 max aperture
- Durable and protected against the elements
- Incredible optical quality for amazing macro images
- Clarity is ensured by the optical image stabilizer
- Achieves a beautiful soft bokeh in macro images
1. Fujifilm GF 63mm f/2.8R WR
The 63mm focal length is equivalent to 50mm on a full frame camera. That gives you a standard view with beautiful image quality. There’s minimal distortion. The GF 63mm f/2.8R WR is a versatile prime lens. It’s suitable for portrait, landscape, and street photography.
It’s compact and lightweight, weighing just 0.89 lb (405 g). Its weather-sealing makes it a robust outdoor camera. And the AF motor gives you fast and quiet focusing.
The fast f/2.8 max aperture gives you excellent options with your
2. Fujifilm GF 30mm f/2.5R WR
Optical quality doesn’t get much better than the GF 30mm f/2.5R WR. The precision engineering of the glass elements gives you a crystal clear view. And the distortion-free glass means your medium format camera produces outstanding images.
The 30mm focal length is equivalent to 24mm on a full frame camera. That gives you a lovely wide angle. It’s ideal for landscape, architecture, and environmental or group portraits.
The lens has a solid autofocus system. It isn’t designed for sport or wildlife. But it still gives you quick and accurate focusing. The lens is also weather-sealed, allowing you to shoot outside in bad conditions. It’s lightweight for a medium format lens. It’ll fit nicely in your camera bag.
3. Fujifilm GF 80mm f/1.7R WR
The GF 80mm f/1.7R WR is the perfect companion for a Fujifilm medium format camera. The lens quality gives you maximum impact from the powerful medium format sensor. You get edge-to-edge clarity with no distortion. And it’s the perfect lens for high-class portrait and fine art photography.
The fast max aperture of f/1.7 gives you wonderful
The autofocus system is responsive and works silently. And the manual focus ring has a lovely action. The build quality is outstanding. And it’s weather-sealed for outdoor photoshoots in all conditions. You can even shoot in sub-zero temperatures.
4. Fujifilm GF 120mm f/4.0R LM OIS WR
The 120mm f/4.0R LM OIS WR is the best GF macro lens for Fujifilm cameras. The optical quality is incredible, giving you exquisite macro images. You’ll see your subject with unparalleled detail.
The image quality is enhanced by its optical image stabilization. It makes up for the relatively slow f/4 max aperture, giving you more
The AF system is fast and precise. It’s quick to find focus, and it makes little noise while doing it. It’s heavier than the other GF prime lenses (3.3 lb / 1.5 kg). But it has a durable construction with thorough weather sealing.
Best Fujifilm GF Zoom Lenses
The final section looks at the best zoom lenses for Fujifilm’s medium format cameras.
- Versatile zoom range for medium format photographers
- Fantastic optics throughout the focal length range
- Smooth AF system for fast focusing
- Excellent wide-angle view for real estate and landscapes
- Precision optics give you distortion-free images
- Weather sealed and durable for outdoor photography
- Excellent magnification and image quality
- Outstanding AF and image stabilization systems
- Rugged and weather sealed for all conditions
1. Fujifilm GF 45-100mm f/4.0R LM WR
The Fujifilm GF 45-100mm f/4.0R LM WR is the best Fujifilm lens if you want a standard zoom for your medium format camera. The 45-100mm zoom range is versatile. And the optics are outstanding.
It doesn’t have the fastest max aperture with an f/4. But that’s constant throughout the zoom range. And the lens still achieves a soft bokeh for portraits and product shots.
Its optical image stabilization gives you sharper images. This is handy when shooting handheld or in low-light conditions. The lens uses a linear motor AF system. It’s fast, smooth, and runs quietly. It’s also weather-resistant for outdoor photography.
2. Fujifilm GF 32-64mm f/4.0R LM WR
The Fujifilm GF 32-64mm f/4.0R LM WR is a fantastic wide-angle zoom lens. The focal length range is perfect for real estate photography, both interior, and exterior. You’ll achieve incredible results with landscapes. And you can use it for fashion photography and environmental portraits.
The lens uses a linear AF motor and an inner focusing method. This reduces focusing time to a fraction of a second. And there’s very little noise. Landscape photographers will be happy to know it’s weather-sealed. You don’t need to worry if the heavens open on your next photography expedition.
3. Fujifilm GF 100-200mm f/5.6R LM OIS WR
The Fujifilm GF 100-200mm f/5.6R LM OIS WR gives you the best magnification of any medium format lens. You can capture distant subjects in beautiful detail. And you can use the tighter composition for intimate portraits.
The image stabilization counteracts the
A linear motor drives the autofocus system. It’s quiet and reactive. The lens is also completely weather-sealed. You can shoot outdoors without worrying about the weather.
The overall quality of Fujifilm lenses is excellent. There’s no denying that. The difficulty lies in choosing the best Fujifilm lens for you. Different photographers have different needs.
The Fujifilm XF 16mm f/2.8R WR is our choice of the best Fujifilm lens. It’s a versatile wide-angle prime with a fast aperture. And the Fujifilm XF 16-80mm f/4.0R OIS WR is our favorite Fujifilm zoom lens.
We also have telephoto zooms for X series cameras. And you also have your pick of the best Fujifilm lenses for their medium format cameras. Hopefully, our list has a Fujifilm lens for everyone!