There are also many great photo retouching apps available but it’s not easy to pick the right one.
To help you out, here’s a list of the seven best photo retouching apps for portrait photos.
Airbrush is the perfect photo retouching app if you want to remove imperfections. In a few seconds, you can remove blemishes and acne or whiten teeth.
Besides that, AirBrush offers a whole range of retouching tools. From skin smoothing and sculpting to face stretching and reshaping.
- Edit pictures from Camera or Gallery
- Change the image quality easily
- Free but with in-app purchases
6. FaceTune 2
FaceTune 2 offers the basic features like skin smoothening and teeth whitening but there’s a lot more to it. With FaceTune 2 you can reshape faces and even give your subject a smile if you want to.
It’s a complete retouching app but the best feature is Relight. This feature allows you to change the direction of the light in your photos.
- Complete retouching app
- Unique features like Relight
- Only for iPhone. (The original FaceTune is also available for Android)
- Free but with a subscription if you want to use all functions
Pixelmator is a great all-around editing app. It comes with editing tools like cropping, color adjustments, and filters. But there’s also a great set of portrait photo retouching tools.
The Clone tool allows you to move or remove objects and the Soften tool allows you to smooth out the features on any face. You can also sharpen a person’s eyes for better portrait results.
- Advanced photo retouching
- Easy to use
- Collages and panel edits
- Costs $4.99
4. Photoshop Fix
Photoshop Fix is not as easy to use as some of the other apps but it’s well worth learning. It includes a large range of photo retouching tools. The Lighten tool is great for teeth whitening and you can use the Smooth tool to even out skin.
The Healing brush will correct spots and blemishes quickly without effort. The standout feature is the Liquify tool, which allows you to make adjustments to facial features.
- Quick in use
- Lots of features and tools
- Combine with Photoshop CC and Lightroom
- Save files as PSD format and include layers
Fotor is more than just a portrait photo retouching app. The Fotor app is both an editor and collage maker that allows you to add filters, effects, frames, and graphics enhancements to your photos.
You can easily edit your portrait photos and at the same time be creative with graphic design.
- Easy to use
- Photo editing and graphic design
- Frequently updated Web version
- Share your photos through social media and e-mail
- The help-related resources could be improved
- Limited functionality available for free
With Visage, you can retouch your portrait photos in no time. This app enables you to apply makeup, whiten teeth, smooth skin, reduce skin shine, and more.
It also features a set of interesting backgrounds and effects. Its the perfect selfie editing app.
- Easy to use
- Background design
- The free version has a lot of ads and adds a watermark to your photos
TouchRetouch is all about removing objects from a photo. It allows you to remove streets signs, people, power lines, and a lot more.
It’s also a great option to clean up portrait photos and remove imperfections from a face.
- Best choice for removing objects
- Very specific purpose
There’s no reason not to start with portrait photography and it doesn’t have to be expensive or difficult.
Just download a photo retouching app on your smartphone and start shooting. You’ll get amazing results in no time.