A mirrorless or DSLR camera bag is a necessity. This is the place you will store your camera equipment, primarily a camera, a few lenses and also the bits and bobs that are also necessary.
We’ve chosen these bags for their cool and stylish design, making sure you don’t stick out like a sore thumb when you come to photograph that modish event.
There are going to be different things you are going to require from a bag. The ones here have been chosen to carry the minimal amount of gear. These camera bags are to help you fit in, not allow you to carry every little piece of camera gear you own.
If you need more equipment, bring a bigger bag, swapping and changing as needed.
For an event, you may need your laptop, as you can work on your images in the downtimes. We have tried to include a few that are big enough to carry them.
We also looked into a minimum of three different styles, as a backpack isn’t going to be for everyone.
[Note: ExpertPhotography is supported by readers. Product links on ExpertPhotography are referral links. If you use one of these and buy something, we make a little bit of money. Need more info? See how it all works here. — Ed.]
The softness and flexibility of the Retrospective 10 easily allows a pro size DSLR to be carried in the main compartment with a lens attached, facing downward.
Within the Retrospective 10’s main compartment, there are two collapsible nylon pockets (one on each side). These pockets are tall enough to fit most flash units or other accessories.
And you can use a hook-and-loop strap to secure the contents or you can tuck it into the pocket for quicker access.
- Minimalist outer appearance conceals expensive photo equipment;
- Carries a pro size DSLR with standard zoom lens attached;
- Accommodates 2-4 lenses in the main compartment with DSLR body in front pocket;
- Front expandable pocket fits an additional pro size DSLR (body only);
- Organizer pocket built into the main compartment for pens, note pad, batteries, etc.
Here we have The Union Street leather messenger bag, which kicks ass in the stylish department. The vintage leather look makes it seem like an expensive book bag being carted around by a PhD English professor in Cambridge, UK.
If you wanted to stay concealed as a photographer, this is the bag to choose.
- Soft, padded and customisable interior via five adjustable dividers;
- Holds a DSLR and up to three lenses;
- Small organiser pocket for your smaller items;
- Laptop compartment;
- Dual tuck-lock closure buckles and antique brass hardware buckles and rivets.
A covert camera bag for all your lens and body needs, Snoop is fully padded with a removable camera insert that allows you to transform it from a dedicated camera bag to a utilitarian, carry-all messenger bag.
Inside the bag, you’ll find a fully padded, totally modular interior designed to house camera lenses, bodies, and batteries.
- Fully padded, removable camera insert with zipper closure and modular walls, lens, and flash units;
- Adjustable straps for securing tripods, Internal slash pocket;
- Napoleon side entry pocket allows one-handed access to key items without opening the messenger flap;
- Memory-adjust true fit cam buckle eliminates daily fit adjustment;
- Adjustable straps for tripods.
The Tenba Messenger is an urban-inspired laptop bag that is designed to hold everything you need for a day; on vacation or at work; at school or at the gym. A removable photo insert holds camera gear as well.
- Fits most 15-inch laptops;
- Removable photo insert;
- Easily holds D/SLR body, 3 lenses, flash, magazines and files, in addition to your laptop;
- Exterior of 1000 Denier Nylon: the most time-tested and proven outdoor textile ever, giving the optimal combination of strength, durability, and light weight;
- Over 20 pockets and compartments to keep mobile hard drives, cell phone, MP3 player, cables, chargers, pens, and business cards.
the WANDRD PRVKE travel backpack is specifically designed for those travelling photographers in mind. It looks cool, with a stylish and clunky design. It comes in three colours, blue, black and green, and two different sizes.
Just in case the 21L option isn’t enough, there is a 31L version too. This bag has everything. Designed by photographers, it definitely has all the key features you are looking for in a bag.
- Three points of access. Side Quick Camera Access, Lay-Flat Clamshell Opening, and Adjustable Roll Top;
- The roll top gives you quick access and adds an extra 5 liters of space;
- Laptop and tablet sleeve which fits up to a 15″ Macbook Pro and iPad Pro and lets you breeze through airport security;
- Customisable storage via removable and modular camera cube;
- Will hold DSLR and up to 8 lenses;
- Countless other pockets and designs – such as the elastic lens cap holder.
We all know about Peak Design. Their photography products are well thought-out and not only look great but work perfectly. I have their Everyday Sling, which has worked perfectly for me since my ownership.
This is smart, sleek and very minimal. There are so many features about this bag which make it amazing to use. The straps hug your physique, their unique divider system ‘FlexFold’ is padded, slim and modular.
The bag isn’t just waterproof – it repels the water like a wizard. Just get it already.
- Holds Full Frame DSLR & 3-4 Lenses;
- Dedicated 15″ Laptop Sleeve;
- Three Flexfold Dividers Protect Gear;
- Built-In Expansion with Maglatch System;
- Exterior & Sub-Divided Interior Pockets;
- Either side camera and gear access;
- Perfectly sized to fit the new DJI Mavic, with controller and accessories;
- Four configurable tension straps let you carry large, heavy items on the outside of your pack.
The compact R-103 is designed to hold a DSLR body with up to 300mm lens attached, an extra body and 4-5 lenses.
Additional accessories, like flash-unit, filters, charger, cables and personal essentials can be stored in the spacious arched lid compartment, the two outside pockets and the central mesh/vinyl pocket.
Its ergonomic harness includes a unique cushioning and shock absorbing system, which allows for optimal ventilation, weight distribution and 5-point adjustment mechanism.
- Comfortable backpack that can accommodate DSLR with attached zoom lens;
- Two outside pockets, two detachable interior mesh pockets, and a laptop compartment;
- Main compartment stores the camera in the center; quick draw via small top opening flap;
- Exterior made of highly durable, waterproof TST (Thermo Shield Technology);
- Padded shoulder strap, detachable hip belt.
This backpack may look a little like a Shar-Pei puppy, but don’t let that fool you. It is stylish and has all the space you will ever need. The grey canvas style will allow you to fit into any stylish event you may find yourself photographing.
- Comfortable backpack that can accommodate DSLR with attached zoom lens plus 4 more lenses;
- Five outside pockets and a rear laptop compartment;
- Main compartment stores the camera in the bottom via flap and quick access from side;
- Exterior made of highly durable canvas;
- Padded shoulder strap;
- Large space at the top for other items.
This bag is the ultimate travel companion. A trolley can be attached to pull it easily through security, saving your back.
- In sling position, the bag easily swings around from back to front providing quick draw access to your main camera amp; accessories via a quick release clip with single pull opening of the camera compartment door.
- All 3N1 models provide superior camera protection with features such as TST RIB structural protection, ample padding and reinforced corners to ensure that your camera does not fall from the bag when in sling mode.
- Arrange your equipment in the bottom main compartment of the pack taking full advantage of the modular dividers to custom fit the bag to your exact equipment.
- Large top compartment will hold personal gear or additional gear, and the internal pockets and MP3 player pouch will allow you to organize your personal effects as efficiently as your photographic gear.
- The divider between the top and camera compartments can also be unzipped to create a larger camera compartment that allows larger camera lenses to remain attached to the camera when in sling mode.
This rugged Pelican case has everything you need to keep your valuable equipment safe and secure. It features easy roller wheels, double throw latches and watertight construction.
And it comes with an easy to adjust single layer padded divider set. This case also meets the FFA requirements for maximum carry-on size and has a retractable handle.
- Waterproof, crush-proof and dust-proof;
- FAA maximum carry-on size;
- Retractable extension handle;
- Strong polyurethane wheels with stainless steel bearings;
- Easy open double throw latches;
- Watertight with Automatic Pressure Equalization Valve;
- Reinforced padlock protectors;
- Stainless steel ball bearing wheels;
- Single Layer padded dividers with Velcro adjustments.
A note from Josh, ExpertPhotography's Photographer-In-Chief:
Thank you for reading...
if you want to capture breathtaking images, without the frustration of a complicated camera.
It's my training video that will walk you how to use your camera's functions in just 10 minutes - for free!
I also offer video courses and ebooks covering the following subjects:
You could be just a few days away from finally understanding how to use your camera to take great photos!
Thanks again for reading our articles!